What are some places that positively surprised you? Since the world opened up again I've done some extensive travelling. Some places that made a very good impression on me are:
- Visby: The main city on the Swedish island Gotland. Serene, clean, no MENA, very cozy.
- Vienna: Spent most of the time in the central parts. Imperial. Clean. Great food. Beautiful parks and architecture. Festivals. Markets. Great museums. People were nicer than I had expected.
- Antwerp: Cool city. Kind people. Interesting art. Nice and calm.
- Vilnius: Very cozy city. Old town is small but the city offers enough for a good long weekend. Beautiful parks. Good restaurants. Kind people.
- Split / Hvar / Brac: Very nice port city in Croatia. The islands of Hvar and Brac are very nice. Great fish. People are kind. Felt very chill. Beautiful scenery. Felt alot better than Dubrovnik.
I have a few more places i'll add in the thread later.
What are some places that positively surprised you?