I always wanted to take a very long route and I chose to do something like a hippie with further modifications. My main goals are to see Isfahan, Islamabad, Tamil Nadu, Himalayas, Tibet and Hong Kong. I am planning to do this after finishing my university and I want to do due diligence since this may not be as safe as back in the 50s. I want this joruney to last approx a year. I have some questions for you, maybe you can help me somehow. If you want to try to discourage me then don't even reply. The questions:
1. Is it better to drive a car or a motorcycle for such a distance?
2. Are road conditions OK in Iran, Pakistan and India or will I have an experience more like from Africa? Which regions should I avoid, which are impossible to do and which are preferred?
3. If I have an accident there will they put me in prison for being a foreigner with rats and wienerroaches and forget about me?
4. Is it even feasible in terms of visas and Carnet du passages (I know one is needed in Iran)?
5. How hard is it to access Tibet now, and get to Hong Kong from here? I can sell my vehicle in India if I have to.
If you have done something similar please tell me about your experience, I would love to hear that. General discussion about travelling from Europe to India by road is encouraged here.